EMS Library Expectations
- Computers are available for student use before school, during break, lunch, and after school..
- The computers are for school use ONLY. Games, social media, and any streaming site is not allowed.
- Going on to any unauthorized sites will result in loss of computer use.
- All checked out material is stamped inside the front cover with a due date. This is the student's notice of when the material needs to be returned in order to avoid overdue notices.
- As a courtesy the library sends out bi-weekly overdue notices of books and unpaid fines.
- Notices are given to the student's 6th period teacher, and students are responsible for taking care of returns and fines that week.
- If the student has not cleared by the 3rd notice, a detention is assigned.
A current EMS ID is required to check out material. You must have an ID with you to check out material.
- There is a 5 book check out limit.
- Fiction, Non-Fiction, Foreign Language and Biography books have a 14 day check out period and can be renewed two times for an extended 14 day period if there is no hold on the book by another student
- Manga and Graphic Novels have a 7 day check out period and can be renewed one time for an extended 7 day period if there is no hold on the book by another student.
- Resource Books and Comics cannot be checked out.
Fines and Fees
- Damaged book fees start at $2. Severely damaged books will be charged replacement cost.
- Any material that is 2 months or more overdue will be charged to the student as if lost.
- Payment or fines can be worked off if there is a financial hardship. Student should talk to Ms. Kaye as soon as possible to discuss the fines